'Sacred Iboga Medicine' Elizabeth Bast
Susun interviews Elizabeth Bast.
Elizabeth serves as a yoga & dance teacher, holistic lifestyle mentor, healing artist, and musician. Bast is the author HEART MEDICINE: A True Love Story, an intimate memoir about a healing experience with the sacred Iboga medicine. She has experienced the Missoko Bwiti initiation and Rite of Passage in Gabon, Africa, and is currently in an iboga facilitator training with the Bwiti tradition. Her blog highlights her adventures with yoga, art, sacred dance, eco-conscious designers, travel, unique subcultures, conscious lifestyles, natural health, whole-foods. Since 2007, Bast has co-created with notable spray paint artist, Chor Boogie, producing numerous collaborative works of visual and performance art at galleries, museums, and special events.
this episode Q&A includes:
• compulsively cold - warming adaptogen American ginseng..
• menopausal anxiety- motherwort tincture taken as often as every 15 minutes..
• resentment kills whatever it touches- having patience and love for your life as a daily householder..
• in order to get nutrition from plants, the cell wall of the plant needs to be broken..
• over 4000 types of minerals on the planet earth, each plant chooses what it likes- reason for eating a broad diet..
• not that it is not healthy to drink tea- it healthier to drink nourishing herbal infusions..
• plantain ointment/ salve/ spit poultice stops itching..
• don't change your diet, let your diet change you..