Natural Medicine Dr Aviva Romm
Susun interviews Dr Aviva Romm.
Referred to as “the face of natural medicine in the 21st century by Prevention Magazine” and named one of the 100 Women to Watch in Wellness by Mind Body Green. A midwife, herbalist, and Yale-trained MD, Board Certified in Family Medicine with Obstetrics, as well as a graduate of Dr. Weil's Integrative Medicine Residency (University of Arizona), Dr. Romm is one of the nation’s leaders in botanical medicine and is the author of 7 books on natural medicine including her latest book The Adrenal Thyroid Revolution (Harper One, January 2017). She lives and practices medicine in western Massachusetts and New York City and is a nationally sought speaker, author, and consultant.
this episode Q&A includes:
• infection after lumpectomy- echinacea root tincture 2-4 dropperfuls every hour until infection has passed, poultice of raw potato to draw out infection, linden infusion to counter inflammation..
• radiation in not a treatment for the cancer you have but the cancer you do have in the future..
• a lot of symptoms- anxiety, headaches, bladder issues- menopause changes every hormone in your body..
• violet infusion, nettle infusion and strong long brewed cornsilk tea to sooth the bladder..
• infusions are made by weight of herb- one ounce of herb per quart of infusion, not by volume of herb..
• hypericum perforatum tincture used to counter pain from muscle spasms..
• very confusing to live in a culture where drugs reign supreme.